Friday, September 24, 2010

SUMMER SHORT COURSES AT CENTRAL SAINT MARTINS. First Day!

This summer I had a great time in central London all alone...
I was there for just one thing:
Summer short courses at Central Saint Martins.
I applied to Fashion Accessories 16-18 year olds short course and I was accepted. Although the course was just for one week our teachers did manage to make us learn as much as we can and they definately made it!
At the first day we did an introduction to the course with our main teacher, shoe designer Jane Francis. She also had us make a research in the college library so as to find some inspiring work of fashion designers based on recycle. Yes, recycle and reinvention was the main focus of the course. Later, she had as site touring on the big streets of London. We did some window shopping in famous(or even not) fashion brands in order to get inspired...
Then, we visited a gallery exhibition based on recycle.

While walking in Soho I found this really usefull rubish layed down in the middle of a street market..:

...and that became the starting point of my recycled "collection" I did there....
All of my work will be presented soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment